Back and More Stubborn Than Ever

Keeley Klein, Journalist

After several years of hiatus, the After-Prom Committee is bringing back donkey basketball to the community. Donkey basketball is on March 17, 2020, at the Gregory Memorial Auditorium starting at 7 o’clock. 

Tickets can be found at BankWest, First Fidelity Bank, Consumer’s Federal Credit Union, and the high school office. All presale tickets are $7.00, and tickets purchased at the door will be $10.00. Students that are in preschool or younger are free. 

The donkeys will be making a long trip from Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, which is where their headquarters are located. To help preserve the gym floor, the donkeys will be wearing rubber shoes. These rubber shoes will help protect the gym floor from getting scratched or damaged from their hooves. ‘Pooper scoopers’ will have a break because bags will be tied to the donkeys’ hind ends. 

The first game will be between the teachers and the students. The second game will be between first responders and businesses. The championship game will follow the previous games with the winners of each game. If you would like to participate in the games, please pick up a liability form in the high school office from Sara Anderson. You must be 16 years or older and weigh less than 225 pounds to ride.

Before the games, there will also be a free-will donation spaghetti dinner served in the community room. Serving will start at 5 p.m. and go until 7 p.m. So bring your family to the community room for supper and to the Memorial Auditorium for some family fun.