Marching Band Places First and Second

Back to Article
Back to Article

Marching Band Places First and Second

Emma Thomas, Journalist

The Gregory High School Marching Band has competed in two competitions this fall season. The marching band went to Platte on Sept. 20 for the Missouri Valley Marching Festival and to Chamberlain for the River City Band Festival. The band team worked hard this season, and it payed off.

The first competition, which was in Platte, was a very warm day. The team marched in class A and competed against Dakota Christian and Armor. The band placed second out of the three teams and earned the award for best drumline.

One Sept. 27, that next week, the Gorillas competed in the River City Band Festival in Chamberlain. The band took home first in class A and second overall. The flag girls received an outstanding flag award.

The band also performed in the Gregory homecoming parade this year in front of the town.

The band performed an outstanding show with the songs ‘”Center Field” and “Take Me Out to the Ball Game.” The team created a baseball field as the flag girls played a baseball game. As they played, the team slow marched and weaved in and out of formation.

“The band worked very hard this year and started right when school began. It was fun for the kids and the audience to participate in the action. We performed very well in the two competitions we went to and I’m excited to see what the next couple years bring,” said Mr. Opp, the band director.

Go support the Gregory High school Band in there next season as they support the other sports.