Hectic Homecoming Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hectic Homecoming Week

Emma Thomas, Journalist

The 2019 homecoming has been one for the books. Brooklyn VanDerWerff and Tommy Determan were this year’s King and Queen.  Due to the possibility for terrible weather, the Gregory School has decided to move the parade to Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. Floats will be built all day on Wednesday and buses will run after the parade. With the parade change, the schedule for Friday is also moved to Wednesday. There will be no school on Wednesday for the begindergarten and kindergarden, also no Club E on Wednesday.

The New Dress up days are Monday, Nerd Day; Tuesday, Spirit Day; Wednesday, Class Color Day; Thursday, Camo Day; Friday, Halloween Day. Friday will be a regular day of classes, and the pep rally will start at 1:30 at the Gregory High School gym.

The Gregory Spikers will play in Winner on Tuesday with the C game starting at 5:15 with JV and varsity starting right after. They will play home on Thursday against Platte-Geddes with the C game starting at 5:15 with JV and varsity following right after.

The homecoming football game against Platte-Geddes will start at 7:00, and the high school dance will follow right after at the Gregory Auditorium.

Come out and support the Gregory Gorillas as they go through this fun-filled week.